« Home | To blog? Or not to blog? » 

Saturday, June 03, 2006

how to hold on to it


Leunig captures it beautifully. There have been a lot of things recently which I have a deep desire to hold onto. I'm not sure how to describe them really. Just incredible thoughts and feelings that should not be left in the moment.

It would seem that I'm having an influx of these precious moments, and don't know how to deal with them all. It's a lovely sort of confusion.

I have been driven to open up my sacred box of memories several times over the last few months and attempt to capture a little of what I am feeling so that it can go in there along with my other most precious things. Needless to say, in the capturing department I've probably failed miserably, but thankfully it is enough for me to look back and know exactly what I meant.

People's memories fascinate me. I know that I am not alone in having a bit of a secret box, but I always find myself wondering what other people put in theirs...if they do so at all. I know for sure that some of the stuff that I keep in mine would make no sense to anyone other than me, and I love that. On saying that, it's a bit of a dream of mine to be able to share those memories with someone one day. Granted, it would have to be a very special someone.

This has been a bit of a nothing post. Other than that I am reminding myself to hold onto the lovely moments, or the moments that hurt but that are far far too significant to remember a blurred account. Thankfullly, the former currently far outweighs the latter.

And I love Leunig. What can I say.

Post a Comment