« Home | Russian Dolls » | Elf Owls » | Indifference » | Jolly Croc » | today » | Cassia » | happy happy happy » | Jealous » | hungry » | Duck in the Attic » 

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

absurd?


Some small, very very quick sketches that i did of the presenters at a 'Theatre of the Absurd' seminar this afternoon at the Malthouse. I got sick of taking notes, so I drew the guys. I figure that if I draw pictures of them I will be able to remember them more fully and thus remember what they said far better.

The seminar itself was interesting...Absurdism is a rather fascinating style of theatre. Existensialism is a little depressing I suppose, with everything being useless and God being dead and all. The style itself is illogical and senseless and quite accurately reflects our broken forms of humanity. Absurd - sad - kind of darkly funny.

I'm looking forward to seeing the piece that the seminar was focussed around... and luckily I get to do exactly that in just over two weeks when I get to go see Geoffrey Rush in 'Exit the King'. Yay!

oh good you have started posting again.

Please... Han... can I have some more?

Post a Comment