« Home | lighthouse » | imagination... » | no coincidence! » | Memories and mess » | Aye! » | pottering along » | a few pictures » | a kick up the backside » | 18 days » | Home again, home again (Jiggetty Jig?) » 

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

'Miss Mildura'



This beautiful lady was my Great Grandma. I never got to meet her, and I'm not exactly sure why I'm putting this up, other than that I think it is lovely. She was 18 at the time and was 'Miss Mildura'...so there's a beauty queen in the family line! You've got to love that!

The photo (as you may be able to tell from my great gran's attire) is from the 20's sometime, an era which I think is particularly fascinating.

Where'd you grab this photo Hannah?

If I'm not wrong, I think her name was Jessica (Jessie) (could have that mixed up - there was one with that name whether it's a bit further back or not I'm not sure).

Family history is facinating.

I always wondered where i got it from, beauty queen in the family, that explains it (!!!haha)-emily

Post a Comment