« Home | pottering along » | a few pictures » | a kick up the backside » | 18 days » | Home again, home again (Jiggetty Jig?) » | The Red Centre » | A constant » | Family and my now desperate need for sleep » | Smile you Fool! » | an african boy » 

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Aye!


Life is good. It's just nice to be here.

Last night I sang at a fundraiser for the oaktree foundation...great fun, though my italian song wasn't half as good as it should have been, due to some issues with the mike and never having practised with the flute in it. But that's ok, my second song (Stuff and Nonsense - a Neil Finn number) went really well so I'm all smiling. Bec wrote about the recital/concert as well so I'll leave that one there.

Today was an all round wonderful day. Church in the morning included 'How great thou art' which is always good, but was today especially amazing. Following church we made our way to the Mellow's place for lunch. We grew up with their three boys, and spending time with them now is still just as comfortable and fun as it was when we were all kids in the Solomons, begging to stay for another half an hour.

Phillip, Kevin, Leon, Em and I trundled off after lunch to the movies to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2, which as far as sequels go I enjoyed immensely (take that all you critics!). I think I can overlook a little bad acting (cough) orlando (bloom cough) when all things piratey are involved...and Johnny Depp - brilliant as usual.

Taking the train there also provided some entertainment. The guys (a middle eastern and a dutch guy - both middle aged) bechind us were having a very suss sounding conversation of which we caught the phrases 'after the forgery scam', 'the pipes under the drugs' and 'the president of Afghanistan'. Then the Dutch guy starts talking about tigers and how he works with them and 'they all live in one house with us'....what on earth? The people you meet on trains...

After the movie, back to the Mellow's for dessert and then home.

I'm contemplating being creative now.


the picture is from the very cool exploding dog site.

Totally with you on the "How Great Thou Art" - easily my favourite hymn and gives me shivers every time - and it was sooo good this morning. I'd just blogged about it the other day, so I felt like it was a little bit personal!

stuff and nonsense....what an amazing song...well, its one of my favourites anyway :p

Post a Comment