« Home | 'Miss Mildura' » | lighthouse » | imagination... » | no coincidence! » | Memories and mess » | Aye! » | pottering along » | a few pictures » | a kick up the backside » | 18 days » 

Thursday, July 20, 2006

wake up from your sleep


The thing I hate most about winter is probably getting out of bed in the morning. Something about hitting the cold air after being wrapped in layer upon layer of blankets. Anyway, it's not pleasant. I wish I was still in bed.

After I managed to ease my protesting little body out of bed, I managed to find these verses. I like how 'the message' says it, so here it is
Ephesians 5
1-2Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper
behavior from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with
him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not
cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but
to give everything of himself to us. Love like that.


God does things so differently to how we do. He sees things differently. He loves differently. (and for that I am very glad). It can often be our natural reaction to be cautious with who we love and how we love, but it's not what should be happening.

Our example...the God we are called to imitate loves in a different dimension altogether. It's extravagant and wild and passionate and completely free.. No strings attatched.

Oh my.

Post a Comment